Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Tips For Redecorating Your Living Room

Lets face it, we change our minds like we change our underpants. One place we are always looking to change our mind is in our home. We will decorate and love it for a couple of months, but then we will change our mind and want to redecorate again. I have a love for decorating, so I am always looking for new fads of decorating and I have decided to share some of my cute ideas for decorating the living room.

Set a theme. I have seen some beautiful living rooms that have set themes and the project has been fantastic. For example, I have seen people who have done a jungle theme and they have found statues of animals, they have made picture frames from bamboo, and chosen beautiful green color patterns for their furniture. Themes can be unique and can be a lot of fun. Plus they give you a chance to be creative. 

For some people, they like to keep it simple. I have found that a simple paint job can do wonders for changing the way your living room looks. Once you have created a paint scheme, you can build your living room around those colors. I personally have had an interest in the combination of yellow and gray. I find the balance to be very modern, plus it breaks free from boring tans and beige. I am a believer in color splashing, I find bold colors to be exciting in any room. 

When it comes to decor such as pictures, I am favoring the canvas pictures. I find the living room should be a family space, so you can do some really cute things to incorporate family designs. I have seen people paint a tree on one wall and use it to make a family tree of photos. I also love when couples make photo walls for just them, most of the time we let our kids take over our walls because we forget that in order to have those kids, we were once a couple. 

I am also a big fan of trunks or storage ottomans. Anyone who has kids knows that extra space can be incredible for small things, or even a place to store those extra blankets. I believe trunks give living rooms a traditional rustic look. 

I think that each room is designed for a specific purpose, I have also composed a list of don'ts when it comes to living room decoration. 

-NO BLANKETS ON THE BACK OF THE COUCH. These are nothing but an annoyance that fall on top of your guests and then make them feel awkward when they knock them down....get a trunk or a storage ottoman. 

-NO SHEETS!!! I know people have pets and they don't want hair on the couch, but it looks tacky...if you don't want it ruined, don't have pets or don't buy brand new furniture. If you want an in between, take the time to train your dog about not getting on the furniture. But for the love of god the sheet cover is so decor tacky. 

-DO NOT CLUTTER YOUR COFFEE TABLE! A coffee table is supposed to offer your guests a spot to sit things, if you clutter it with magazines and other crap, they have no where to sit their drinks. 

-KNOW WHERE TO PUT DOOR RUGS! Since most homes enter into the living room, if you want a welcome mat that is one thing, but putting rugs in front of the door is ridiculous. All your doing is putting something in front of the door that is going to bunch or get stuck inside of the door. 

Small tips for living room decor:

-If your rugs slide, tape them down with double sided tape.
-recycle candles to make multiscent layered candles, its simple and keeps those quarter candles out of your living room. 
-use light curtains to bring in some light.
-use rubber gloves to remove pet hair off your fabric couch with ease. 

Comfort In Style, 

-Miss Information

No comments:

Post a Comment