Wednesday, August 7, 2013

The Apple Obsession, What's The Big Deal?

So today I have decided to touch base on some technology. I try to appeal to the interests of everyone. So I wanted to cover everyone's obsession with Apple products because I have a curiosity about what makes Apple products so great? Now I own an iPod, and as a music love, I am not going to lie, it was one of the greatest inventions ever. But I want to know how big of a hold Apple has on people.

My main concern here is the Iphone. I see so many people who own Iphones and I just don't understand the hype. I know plenty of people who use their Iphone to check their Facebook, do their banking, check their email, Google stuff on the Internet, and of course play Candy Crush (Don't deny it, you are addicted). Now what I don't understand is I have an Android phone through Metro PCS and my phone checks Facebook, checks email, and everything else that the Iphone seems to do, I can even play Candy Crush (Don't worry addicts, we will get through this together).

Now what really makes my jaw drop faster than you can get the candy to the bottom is the fact that people are paying 300 dollars a month in cell phone bills to have an iPhone and all I can think of is that these people are high or candy crush has rotted their brain. My phone does the same thing as these Iphones, it runs pretty good, takes great pictures, the works and I only pay $50 a month. To me this means people are paying $250 for an i. Just to have that little i on their phone that does the same thing as other smartphones.

Now I know Apple is a great brand and I do love some of their products, but paying a high monthly bill for an Iphone is just ridiculous. For that monthly price, my phone had better be doing my laundry and cooking me dinner. So someone please tell me why anyone would pay that high of a  monthly phone bill (before you say data, I have unlimited everything) just to own Apple's latest contraption.

iOut

-Miss Information

No comments:

Post a Comment