Sunday, August 18, 2013

How To Have A Story Book Christmas On A Little Budget

Tis the season, for the end of summer. Kids are going back to school, which for some people like me, means the busy season is ahead. I do not have a taste for being materialistic, but I do have a go big or go home attitude. I believe that when the holiday season comes, Christmas should be like something out of a story book, birthdays should be extreme, and a child should always have those memories. Even if you are not making awesome money, you can still have these larger style holidays.

Now I know many of you are thinking to yourselves, she is writing about the holidays in August, is she drunk? No my friends, I am aware of the current month, but I have chosen to write this now because now is the time to start making these big holidays happen. I will do other segments on birthdays, but I wanted this one to focus mainly on Christmas time (I celebrate Christmas, this works for other holidays as well, don't comment giving me a Happy Holidays political correct lecture, I am writing what I know.)

The first step to having a story book Christmas is decorations. The best thing about this time of year is that we are not in peak season for Christmas, yet craft stores keep their stuff out year round. You can also stock up right after Christmas when stuff goes on sale. Another great way is to start looking at crafts on Pinterest and start buying some of the stuff now. Put it in the tote in the garage and you will be amazed at how incredible your Christmas display will be. KJ is a huge fan of outdoor decor and we find ours getting bigger every year. But if you start buying now and spending 10 bucks on a Christmas decoration here and there, you will be surprised by how much you have in December.

Now we all know that Christmas is not about the presents. But every story book Christmas has presents. My daughter has a birthday in October and I always plan on buying her a few gifts for her birthday, but I still like to start for Christmas in September. You start by going to the dollar store with only 10 bucks and find little toys to fill the stocking. You save up your change jug and start buying the toys and the clothes and stocking them away. Every payday, you set a small budget, like 20 bucks and go buy a Christmas present for your child.

Now I mentioned that people can do this on a budget and the truth is, you have to know where to shop. Last year I bought my daughter 12 DVDs and only spent 25.00. How you may ask? I ordered them over time through Amazon where they are only 4 bucks for a DVD. Back to school sales are going on, so now is the time to take advantage of the deals and start buying crayons and coloring books and other art related stuff.

Everyone can have a story book Christmas, but the key is starting early. Only do what you can afford, but everyone can spare 10 bucks every once in a while for some stocking stuffers to save themselves 10 dollars they would be spending in December. Not only can you have your story book Christmas, but you can also make the holiday season a little easier on your wallet and your finances.

Christmas in August

-Miss Information

No comments:

Post a Comment