Sunday, September 1, 2013

The Letting Yourself Go Debate

I decided to touch base on yet another topic that I see on Facebook on a regular basis. I am always seeing these icons that say "you say letting myself go, I say putting my kids needs ahead of my own." I have to say that this is the biggest sack of you know what that I have ever heard.

I did another blog similar on this topic about how you have to make time for yourself as a mother. But to make the claims that women who keep themselves well put together doesn't put their child's needs ahead of their own is completely ridiculous.

Now I am not talking about putting on weight with kids, which it is possible to lose and I know many mothers who want to, but aren't sure how to find the time and lets face it, working out does take some time.

What I am talking about is the mother who walks around in ripped sweatpants and wears the same t-shirt for three days who can't be bothered to wash her hair or brush it. Saying that you look like that is nothing more than an excuse. There are plenty of women who put their children's needs first and still manage to put themselves together on a daily basis.

Now I am not saying that you have to look like a supermodel everyday, because lets face it, no one has that kind of time or money. But there is no reason why you can't go thrifting for presentable jeans if you are on a tight budget and buy decent clothes. When I see mothers in Wal-mart that look like they fell out of bed and into the hamper, I want to throw up. I personally would never let myself look like that in public. Even though I care what I look like, I make sure my daughter always looks presentable as well. My daughter has a bigger wardrobe than me and everything she needs, but I still have presentable clothes to look like a human being.

If you are running short on time with your kids, straighten your hair for a few days, get makeup at the dollar store, but for the love of god pull it together women!


Put it together

-Miss Information

No comments:

Post a Comment