Wednesday, September 11, 2013

The Truth About Pitbulls

I have decided to write on a new topic today because I know this topic is controversial and it hits very close to home for me. I have decided to write about the controversy behind Pits. Now I have to say that people who think the breed is dangerous is out of their minds.

I am an owner of a Pitbull named Penny and I decided I wanted people to hear Penny's story.

We adopted Penny when my daughter was only 8 months old. We went to the humane society because adoption is always better. Penny was listed as a lower level, which means she was a great fit for a family with kids.

When we went, we decided that I was going to pick the dog and K who is a lover of pitbulls said he was just going to look. Well he had to see her for some reason. We decided to take her out and check her mentality and as she squeezed her entire body into the baby carrier to see the baby, we decided that she was the one for us.

Penny is gentle and would never hurt a soul. We learned upon her adoption that she was abandoned and ate her way through a fence to get out when her owners moved and left her in the back yard. She was found on the local highway and was extremely under weight.

Even under these extreme conditions and being a Pitbull, Penny is happy. She wants to be everyone's friend and sometimes I am convinced that she has more friends than I do.

With that story being told, I have to say that people who are against Pits because of their breed might as well say that they believe in every other stereotype out there. You all post your horror stories about a pit attacking a child, but I can find multiple stories that are exactly the same, only the breed of dog is different. Every breed of dog has had at least one dog bite someone, and its not the breed that makes them bite, it is the dog.

If you torment a human they are going to have severe psychological issues, the same applies when a dog is put through the same abuse. People claim Pits need to be destroyed, but when your toddler bites someone you aren't rushing them to the pound to put air in their veins. When your teenagers get into a fight in school and strike a child, you don't take them out back and shoot them.

Pits should be treated as individuals and not bunched into a basic stereotype. If you disagree than anything bad you have ever done to anyone else, is grounds for you to be put down.

Just Barkin My Opinion

-Miss Information





Do you have documents that you need written? Get the services of a professional writer for prices as low as $10 http://www.iwriter.com/affiliate/137823

No comments:

Post a Comment