Wednesday, August 21, 2013

How To Get Rid Of The Clutter

Now anyone who knows me knows that I have this thing against clutter. I start getting all freaked out when I can't find things. I like to organize and schedule. I know that this can be hard for some people so I have decided and was requested to write a blog about cleaning up the clutter. Some of these you may have heard of before, but others maybe not, either way, these are some ways you can open up some space in your home and feel better in your home.

I have found the biggest space for clutter for me is the linen closet. I get sick and tired of reorganizing and refolding stuff because everyone likes t grab from the bottom. I have found a great way to organize my linen closet. Now I have had one too many battles with fitted sheets, so I have began folding a rolling my sheets. I wrap them in a rubber band, label them with a sticky note and stack them in neat little rolls. Once you have your sheet situation sorted out, you can go to the dollar store and get a few cheap baskets. You will want one basket for dish towels and one for wash cloths. Once you have inserted the baskets into your closet, there is plenty of room for you to nicely fold your towels and use the basket to hold them nicely in place.

My next biggest clutter spot is my daughters room. I hate that all the toys get pulled out to find one toy. So I went and bought a three drawer tote that fits easily in the corner or in the closet. I use the top drawer for dress up stuff, the middle drawer for puzzles, and the bottom drawer for legos. All the bigger toys go in the toy box.  I fold and wrap small blankets, just like I did in the linen closet. When it comes to art supplies, I like to use the old hanging shoe racks, the ones with the pouches, hang it on the back of the closet to hold art supplies. This is also a really great way to organize your food pantry for some extra space.

One of the biggest pains for me is the bathroom garbage. I always take the bag out and then get distracted. I have learned from a wise woman to put multiple store bags in the garbage can at once. So you layer them so when you pull one out, there is already one waiting.

I have also found other really great bathroom ideas for organization such as making storage out of mason jars over your sink to old your stuff, using cookie sheets and magnets to store your makeup, and once again using baskets to organize under the sink.

The kitchen can be another big room that is common for clutter as well. I have found the plastics drawer to be the worst. I like to use towel racks to put on the back of the cabinet door to hold the lids. You want to get a good fit so they will hold between the rack and the door. You can do the same for pot lids as well. This leaves you more room to store pots and pan and the plastic bowls. If you are really desperate, you can use napkin holders to organize your plates.

Well that should be enough to get you started....

Keep it organized...

-Miss Information


No comments:

Post a Comment