Friday, August 9, 2013

Breastfeeding What All The Fuss Is About

I like to keep an eye on some of the most hot topics out there and as a mother, I can't help but to see a lot of the top parenting issues. I know I am about to embark on a dangerous topic, but I just wanted people to see both sides of the argument. Now, I did not breast feed, but I respect women who choose to do so. I will not be attacked by people for my choice because my daughter is perfectly healthy and is no different then a child who breastfeeds. It did not stunt my child's growth, who is taller then other children her age, and it didn't have any effect on her intelligence.

Now breast feeding is completely natural and I have to agree that a mother can't not feed her child in public because it makes people feel uncomfortable. I have heard a lot of stipulation about breast feeding in public including that women should go in the bathroom. Now people who say that are just plain stupid. Would you go take your lunch in a dirty bathroom stall and eat? Absolutely not. Breastfeeding is natural and is some mothers choice.

Now on the other side of the leaf, I have to agree with some anti breastfeeders as well. I have to admit that whipping out a tit and feeding away is a bit much in a public place. We once judged celebrities for pulling their tatas out in public and this is no different. Even though breastfeeding is natural so is peeing, but if some guy whipped his tally out in front of your kids and started peeing, he would end up in jail.

With that said, I am going to finish off with my opinion on a few things about breast feeding.


  • We understand that you have to breast feed in public, if your child is hungry, please feed him where you are, but have respect for people there and cover your child with a blanket or at least turn away from the public eye. They make covers for that reason, use them. 
  • Don't ask a woman who is breast feeding to ever go in a bathroom or a car, if you want their kid to eat lunch there, be willing to go sit in the stall next to them and see how pleasurable that is for you.
So now I want to touch on another topic that I have seen quite a bit of. KJ once met a woman who was still breastfeeding all of her children, they were 3,6, and 12. Now breastfeeding is natural, but there needs to be some limits. If your child is old enough to eat steak and old enough to ask, they are too old for the boob. Then I found out this same woman allows all three of her children to sleep with her and her husband so the kids can feed in the middle of the night...is it just me or have we borderlined child abuse?

Now I know I have touched on a touchy subject, but I feel like it was a good topic to cover to hopefully bring some peace to the world by presenting the rights and wrongs of both sides. 

Drinking My Milk From The Gallon,

-Miss Information

No comments:

Post a Comment