Sunday, August 25, 2013

Child Spanking Is It OK?

I have decided it is time to do yet another parenting blog and I want to touch base on a controversial subject, how to discipline your child. Now I want everyone to keep in mind that what I am about to write is my opinion and I could care less if I offend you, since well this is my blog and the whole point of controversy is having a side.

The idea of spanking has been going on for some time now and I have to come right out and say it, I believe that children need a spanking from time to time. Now I know everyone is going to counter with some BS about how wrong it is I am going to debunk those theories now....

It is wrong to inflict pain on a child. Yes I believe punching a child in the face is wrong, I am not some evil creature who punches puppies and babies. I believe a spanking should be restricted to the bottom and to the hands. There should never be use of inanimate objects for a spanking because that is crossing the line of giving some warning and inflicting real pain. If you think a little pain makes someone a bad parent, if you have ever taken your kid to get shots, you have intentionally inflicted pain on your child.

I have old school beliefs and I believe that children should mind. Ever since the spanking debate has come to surface you are seeing children running like wild animals in WalMart and teenagers that are bullying kids in school. Those who don't believe in causing pain from a small spanking doesn't realize their child is growing up causing pain on other peoples kids.

Now you have those parents that I like to call by the book parents. Those parents that buy into the whole let your child express what they feel and use only your words and your child will stop misbehaving. When you tell your child t say what they feel, when they feel someone else is over weight you want them to think its OK to call that person fat or ugly? Now I know you are all going to say that spanking teaches a child that hitting is OK when it fact it is the total opposite. If you restrict a spanking to the rear end to teach a child right and wrong all you are teaching a child is spanking o the butt. If you handle spanking the right way, your child will not hit other children out of fear of being spanked themselves.

I could sit here and debate spanking all day but I like to look at facts. Back in the 1950s everyone got spankings, even at school. Now this new BS express yourself parenting crap comes out and bullying is an issue, schools are no longer safe, and teenagers are beating up on old people. I was raised in a way that was show respect to other or else face the consequences. I was given spankings and I am not a violent person, I respect my elder, and I as a parent think it is important that my child behaves in a strong manner.

I don't believe anyone should be able to spank a child only certain people like parents and grand parents, but I do know the facts that as spanking has stopped, the children are getting worse.


On my best behavior,

Miss Information

No comments:

Post a Comment