Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Social Media Gripes

So my last few blogs have been about parenting and being a mom, so I decided that it is time to do something else for a change, even though there are a few more mom topics on my list to cover from working while pregnant and how to lose the baby weight. Today I have decided that I am going to cover some of the things that annoy me about social networking, mostly Facebook. If you are guilty of these, I apologize but someone had to say it.

1.) Complaining about what other people post. Social networking was created so people could post their opinions about things they like, stories they want to share, what they do professionally, or even what is on their mind. I can't stand when people write a status like "Im sick of reading about peoples food" or "I am tired of seeing boobs on my newsfeed" or "nobody cares if you are at the gym" or my personal favorite "I hate when people dictate their schedule on here, its not a diary."

Now I am going to elaborate on a few things with this on because to me this is just hilarious. Social networking is used to share interests. If people like to cook or eat, they are going to share the pictures of their dinner, if they are a massive pervert, they are going to post boobs, if they are on a health kick and have  body that you want to eat food off of, they post about going to the gym. These are the interests of these people, therefore, they post their interest on Facebook. If you don't want to read them, then maybe you and this person shouldn't be friends as you seem to lack common interests.

The next one...when people say don't post your schedule this isn't a diary, I want to help these people to define a diary. A diary is where someone can write about anything they please, but it is most commonly used to express their feelings......ya pickin up what I am laying down yet? So by you venting all these things you HATE (pssstt...that is an emotion) you are using Facebook as a diary more than the people talking about pumping iron at the gym.

2.) Selfies. Now don't get me wrong, we are all guilty of taking self pictures, after all, if we look hot that day, why not share it with the world. But when you are taking the same pictures of yourself everyday with your cleavage hanging out you go from being "Wow, Thats Hot" to *yawn* we have seen them. Ladies though men love to see your tatas, they also love mystery, try a few shots with them tucked away and you just looking classy as can be. Now there is an exception when it comes to weight loss pictures because I have the highest respect for people who change their life for the better and love to see the results from their efforts.

3.) This one doesn't really annoy me, but I have to touch on it because I think everyone is a liar. People always complain about people airing their dirty laundry on Facebook, but this is nothing but BS because secretly, people love it. Everyone loves a good Facebook fight and I won't lie, I am one of them (Hello, I am a writer for a living). You all know that when you see a status that has like 75 comments on there that a fight has just gone down and you have at least 20 minutes of reading. Don't complain about the fighting, we all could use a little entertainment in our lives.

Ok, I could go all night and I don't want too many people sending me hate mail because I have hurt their feelings once again, so until next time....quit your B*tchin Facebook...

-Miss Information

No comments:

Post a Comment