Monday, August 19, 2013

How To Plan & Helpful Tips For Going To Disney

After a successful trip to Disney, I wanted to share with everyone how I planned for a flawless trip and did Magic Kingdom within a day. I put a lot of planning into my trip and even helped cut down on some of the costs for the initial day. I have decided to share my wisdom so other people could do Disney in a day and even afford Disney a little better. Now it is important to keep in mind I am a Floridian, so I didn't have to worry about plane tickets, but you could use the same planning concept from far away as well.

The Planning Process

Obviously the first part of the planning process is to make sure that you set the date. Once the date is set, you want to make sure you make arrangements with your job, this is a common problem in the planning process. Now when you are making the date, you want to do some research. There are various websites where you can look at dates for crowd expectancy and weather. You want to choose dates that are going to have smaller crowds and when you won't have to worry about major weather issues.

Now after I chose the date, I decided to look into hotel options. You don't have to stay at a Disney resort to have the ultimate trip, in fact, we stayed at a decent hotel and only paid $30 a night. Once I found the hotel, I looked at upcoming pay checks and decided to pay for the hotel with an upcoming check. So when it came time for the trip, it was one less expense that we had to spend.

I did the same thing for the tickets as well. You can buy Disney tickets online, and what I did was bought them one at a time through the course of multiple paychecks. Dumping out 300 for three tickets in one day can be hurtful on your wallet. Separating out the cost, will also give you more spending money on the day that you are there.

Research the parks for tips, now this is what I did and I am going to share with you the tips that I found worked that allowed us to do Disney in a day.

Write out lists. I wrote out two separate lists, one for the trip to Orlando and one for inside the park.

You can get a copy of the menus for every place to eat inside Disney. This will help you decide where to eat and help you plan how much you want to spend.

Tips For Disney

Before we even went to Disney, we went to a Walmart near Disney and discovered that they have Disney sections with all the souvenirs you would find at Disney, only they are cheaper. I grabbed my daughter a shirt, a doll, and an autograph book and only spent $25.

Do the Mountains First. You are going to want to get into the park and fast pass a chance to meet Mickey or the princesses. This is important if you don't want to wait in line. Everyone can use a fast pass, they are free with your ticket. Once you have done this, you want to go to Splash Mountain and only wait 10 minutes, later in the day, it will be almost a 2 hour wait. From there you want to go to Thunder Mountain, which is right next to splash mountain.

By this time, you will be able to cash in on your fast pass, which is on your way to tomorrow land. Once you have met Mickey, you are going to want to fast pass space mountain. There is plenty to do in tomorrow land to kill time until space mountain. If you are traveling with kids too small, you want to send groups one at a time to space mountain so you can ride and someone can watch the kids.

The parades kick off at 3 from Frontierland. If you watch them Frontierland, you will be done watching the parade before everyone else, giving you first shot at other busy attractions.

Once you get through all this, the rest of the day can be spent traveling with ease. Don't be afraid to use your fast pass, and you can get through this great park in only one day.

A Dream Is A Wish,

-Miss Information

No comments:

Post a Comment