Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Planning A Disney Birthday Party On A Budget

Planning a child's birthday party can be a hassle, especially if you are not the planning type! So you will try to find the best resources you can that can help you out, so I wanted to help out by giving some easy tips for planning a Disney birthday party on a budget.

So my daughter recently turned 4 and she is a big fan of the Disney princesses, since her birthday falls in the month of October, really close to Halloween, we decided that we were going to add some fun to the mixture by making it a costume party. Since our daughter loves princesses, we knew that the little boys would struggle for a costume, so we made the party Disney themed.

Invitations

Now the start of any party includes an invitation. I was on a budget due tor recent events in my life so I had to think quick. Since my daughter was obsessed with princesses and my SIL is a genius who gave me the idea to make a scroll invitation, I literally spent $3.00 on the invitations for the party. I spent 2.00 on scroll print paper and created my own online. I added my own twist by sealing them with a scroll seal with my daughters first initial on them and complimenting them with some ribbon.






Costumes

Once the invites were sent out, we wanted to start working on the costumes of everyone who was participating in our household, my daughter has a love for Sleeping Beauty so I planned a month in advance and went to Party City in September and found a costume for $20.00. The rest were being left up to craft. Since the Little Mermaid was always a personal favorite of mine, as a couple, K and I decided to go as Ariel and Eric.  The Costumes were simple to make and required little to no sewing, all I had to do was go online to get some inspiration and the costumes came together.





Also joining us at the party included multiple cool costumes including:

-Mickey from Fantasia
-Ursula The Sea Witch
-Captain Hook
-Prince Phillip
-Tinkerbell
& More

Food

Once the big day arrived, it was time to reveal the decorations and Food. We decided that the food was all going to be food themed including setting up a table color coordinated to each princess and filling the tables with princess themed food. We used food coloring to color the pasta to match the princess and each princess got something special.




I labeled every part of the party with a special Disney themed sign to add an additional touch.





Finally, we had games that were all Disney themed including Prince Phillips Castle Pinata, Prince Eric's Fake Tattoo Parlor, and Tiana's pin the kiss on the frog (the kisses were real kisses with lipstick on paper).


Just like that we had a Disney themed party, we did the entire party under $200 and our daughter loved it. Since we planned more than a month in advance and did it little by little, the party was pretty much stress free.

The only stress we had was Wal-Mart giving us a cake with another child's name on it, which lead to us getting the cake for free!

Planning a good party for your children doesn't have to be hard, it can be simple and affordable all you need is a good idea.

Wishing Upon A Star*

Miss. Information

No comments:

Post a Comment