Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Stay At Home Moms: Tips For Doing It All

Being a stay at home mom is not easy. Most moms lose hope that they will ever achieve their dreams that they had before they decided to have children. The truth of the matter is it is possible to do it all, you just have to know how to juggle everything. When I found out I was pregnant, I refused to settle with being just a mom. I knew I was going to need an education and a career to give my child everything she needs and wants. I decided to write this short blog about how I juggle working, school, and being the best mom I can be.

Go To Online College


I decided that before I could live the dream I would need to have the educational credentials. Since I am a single mother I was able to get full coverage for going to school. I started with Ashford University in 2009 for my BA in marketing and though it hasn't always been easy, I have continued school and am at the finish line with a degree. Online school makes studying at home simple, since you create your lesson plans, you can do school work from your mobile device during naps or before bed. 

Work From Home

I have decided to work for myself as a freelance writer. It hasn't been easy but there are plenty of work from home opportunities that don't require payment up front. Just because you are staying home doesn't mean you can't contribute to your homes income. If you have a skill, try using that to open your own consultant business. The whole thing about making money from home is you have to know how to research and how to use your skills to your advantage. 

Be A Mom


This is probably one of the biggest challenges you can face because a stay at home mom is always on the go. You have to know how to keep your little ones busy, get them ready for their educational experiences at school, and keep a house clean. I have found working in schedules is always the best bet. When I am working and using my computer, I will set up an activity for my daughter that I find on Pinterest. When I take a break to do some housework, I enrolled my daughter in ABCMouse.Com to help her progress and get ready for kindergarten. The program truly works and she has developed faster than other children her age. Sometimes I will let her help with the house work and throw on some music for a dance party. The important part is remembering to make time for special family events, even though you may have to miss a day of work, you want to be a part of your child's life and you want to create those memories that they will carry with them forever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment